Search This Blog

Friday, January 11, 2013

Time to do a little writing

After more than a year off from the blog scene, I have decided to reenter and post some thoughts that many will probably consider random. Primarily I will probably write about running as I reengage with the sport and try to improve. I have set some lofty goals for myself, some of which are admittedly unrealistic. I will however try to complete them. From time to time, I will write about my family, including my children. I may even post a photo or video from time to time. I'll even tell you about my favorite gadgets that I am using - whether for running or some other activity. Let me close today's entry with this year's goals regarding my fitness:

Goals for 2013 - be in better shape in December than I was in January ( I missed this in 2011 and 2012 - I gained 1 pound in 2011, but 15 in 2012)

Total Running Goal - 525 Total Biking Goal - 200 Total Mileage - 725

Athletic Goals for 2013 Sub 2:00 Half Marathon (April 28 Illinois Marathon) 2:19:44 (first ever) in 2010, 2:11:42 in 2011, 2:15:34 in 2012.

My first tri (A sprint) (last chance tri at the Y, I hope)
A duathlon - The Charleston Challenge I hope.
Lose 45 pounds.
Howl at the Moon ULTRA August - do 50K
Sub 25:00 5K -- may try for 24 depending on circumstances
Sub 56:00 10K

At this point, I have lost 2 pounds, so I am off to a good start on that. The running is coming along slowly due to some injuries (sprained ankle) and general laziness. My faithful training partners await me every day though. My go to shoe currently is the Newton Distance S and my forever watch is the Garmin Forerunner 305.

No comments:

Post a Comment