Search This Blog

Monday, June 13, 2011

Time for a change

I seem to be ignoring this blog, I have no excuses however. I have been mainly posting to daily mile and facebook. Today I decided to write my thoughts here. I'm disappointed in my current lack of fitness and have decided I need a change. There are a few races left this year that I'd like to do well in performing. I've considered starting P90X again, but I don't have a way to play the discs currently. (The DVD drive on my laptop no longer works. I still want to drop 25 pounds - with hopefully knocking off 15 before the first of August. I have to change my diet and ramp up the training in order to accompish this. I hope by posting this here, I will have more accountability and motivation to complete the assigned task.

On a training note, last week was my busiest and best in a long time. I exercised twice a day, almost every day. Between the biking and running, I'm pretty sure I burned over 7000 calories (I haven't counted yet). I am trying to gear up for the Heartland Half - probably not the race to try and PR, due to the course, but I'm going to try anyway. The race is September 11, if you want to join me. Soon, I will craft a training program in an effort to keep me on task. For once, I think I shall incorporate some yoga or other cross training besides basketball and cycling. In doing this training, I want to knock 5 minutes off of my last 5K time of 29:04 [This would be a pr] My next race is probably Bagelfest - I haven't decided if I am doing the 10 or the 5 - and I don't know if Jill or Laura will run with me. There are many things to consider, including a 7:00 a.m. start time. I'm not sure they can get up and do that at 7 and 6 years old.

As a final note, and part of the goal for losing weight - I am participating in a relay run from Mattoon to Peoria to benefit St. Jude's Hospital. If you don't know, St. Jude's is a cancer hospital treating children. I would be honored if you would sponsor me and send me positive vibes for completing and raising a respectable sum for this cause.

The website is http://www.stjudepeoriaruns.org/duanedeter

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment