Search This Blog

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Training has restarted

I've decided I've been on the shelf long enough.  On Tuesday I went for a run - the first in nearly a month.  I was pretty happy to be able to go.  I didn't go as far as I'd like, but I did go faster than expected.  Well, at least for awhile anyway.  I am going to follow some advice I received from a professional and start running again, just not every day.  I've taken some pictures, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get them to post here.

 Me and the starting line!


My ankle on Dec 14th.
My ankle on Dec. 16th
On Thursday I did get out for another run.  On that one, while I did go for a longer distance, I certainly went slower.  My ankle did bother me a bit on Friday but seems better today.


As I work on this blog, I also thought I would try to make it a little fancier.  If you don't like my experiment with text color, please tell me.  I wanted something besides regular old black and white.

This morning I got up, and was hoping to go for a run.  I checked the weather and saw a 6 degree windchill. I'm tough and all, but that is too cold for  little old me.  I've put off the run until the afternoon, or at least that was my thought.  I haven't made it out the door yet and it's already 10 past one.  My son and I did get hair cuts this morning, then a quick stop at the grocery store brought us to home and we made a pizza from scratch.  I learned a few things in the process and it was quite good.  I guess I have carb loaded ahead of time.  To be completely frank, I went out to check the mail while making the pizza and my ankle had some pain, so, I'm a bit up in the air as to what to do.  I want and need to go for a long run, but I don't want to hurt myself.  

Tonight I am going to the "Men Who Cook" fundraiser.  My brother and I have teamed up to make "Hot Fudge Ice Cream Dessert".  The proceeds support the Children's Advocacy Center, a very worthy cause.  Last year I got second for my cheesecake.  I hope to do better this year.  Only time will tell.  It's about 5 hours until the start.

Not to much else to talk about today.  I have some pretty exciting things on the horizon, but right now it's just too soon.  What excitement is coming your way this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment