Search This Blog

Monday, November 8, 2010

What a rush!

I started out this run not knowing how far or how fast I would go. I just wanted to run. I had not run since last week Tuesday and I've been feeling very sluggish, slovenly, and guilty. My back has started talking to me to, and I can only surmise it is suggesting the spare tire really needs to go. So, I went.
I started out at a pretty slow to moderate pace, the first time I looked at my watch, I think it said 9:49 or so. I didn't consciously make a decision to speed up, but I did and it felt good. I am terrible at guessing my pace - even after more than a year of running I havn't a clue. I checked it again at about qtr mile in and was surprised it said 8:38 or so. I decided at that point I was going to run a quick 2 and try to make the second a sub 8. I failed in that goal, but I did run the fastes two miles I have in awhile at 16:47 - 8:33 for the first mile and 8:13 for the second. I did a little .2 cooldown at that point to round it out for a 19:00 workout. It was fun and I hope to run again in the a.m. I feel so much better when I run, why don't I do it more? The 345 Calorie burn was nice too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment