Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The voting run - and back again.

3.01 Miles - 28:47
I started out nice and sloooowww. I really didn't take advantage of the tail wind I had either. Of course, with where I am, I have more cross and headwind than tail wind. Such is life. It was cool and even though it was 50 - I wore my jacket. Of course I worked up a sweat, but I'm ok with that.
I must say the ladies at the polls were very nice and friendly. Well, all but one, but that's all I'll say about that. I was number 164 to cast the ballot here. I don't know if that is high or low and didn't ask. My splits:
10:13
9:19
9:08.
Negative splits....I'm cool with that. This run was good for a calorie burn of 474.

I voted. I wrote a long post about that - but I had an internet error - and lost it. I lamented about the quality of our candidates - and their lack of campaigning. Since it was a bit of a rant, I'll leave it off this edited version.

3.03 miles 28:40
What an interesting return run. I started off, and of course it was still windy. I didn't pay much attention to the watch on the run out, probably paid too much attention to it on the run back. Anyway, I was making pretty good time in the first mile and thought at one point I might have a sub 9 MM. My pace ranged in that mile from 11 mm at the start to 8 MM at the end of that mile and a total time of 9:16. (analysis after downloading) In Mile 2 of the return, I ran the first .2, and then decided to do some strides, recovery and a sprint or two. This resulted in a split of 10:02 for that one, which is not bad for as much walking as I did in that split. Then came mile 3. It started on a walk break (according to the data) and then I sped up. I started the last quarter at just over an 8 MM pace and then finished it out at just over a 7 MM pace. Overall, this split ended up as 9:00 even. This closed out a 6 mile run and I'm pretty excited over the performance. Tonight I shall go and watch the returns. I only hope I can stay awake long enough.
This return run was 465 calories burned for a total of 939. Not a bad day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment