Search This Blog

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Deer Data, Stuff n Puff and where do we go from here

I haven't written anything in a while. Part of that is due to not having done any workouts. I was in deer camp last weekend, and although there was no running, there was some walking of hills. I did not log more than a mile any given day though. I was wearing the HRM when I saw and shot my deer. I thought the data was pretty funny. You can see an almost instant jump from 80 BPM to about 150 BPM! So much for remaining calm under pressure! I am happy I had it on because I was curious and hoping I'd see one when I had the watch running. Oh, I did kill the deer too, so it's not like he got away.

On Saturday I did the Sullivan Stuff n Puff. I had not run in over a week so I was not expecting to do very well at all. I did hope that I would not walk any of it, but that did happen. I walked far too much for where I should be in my training. I don't know why, but my shin muscles were just tight. I did not feel like I had the lung capacity I should have had. This 5K course is short, always has been, but that's ok. Its a nicely run event, the people are friendly, and I generally have a good time. I'll probably keep doing it each year. I did talk my cousin into running it as well, but I don't think she had any fun. Jill's teacher and her husband also ran. I had a good time, but I need to push harder if I am going to do a half in under 2 hours. I ended up with a 2.98 mile time of 28:20 - probably my slowest race time ever. My first mile was ok at 8:47 and then it went to pot with 9:36 and 9:56 being my next two splits. I was trying to some fartleks in those miles, but it wasn't working so well. I did keep off a sprinting finisher at the end to finish 93rd out of 150+ Not great, and really, not even good.

Next up for me, is the Siberian I think. (maybe?) There is a New Year's eve run in Decatur and Lana (Mrs. Croy) mentioned something about the "frozen five". I don't see the intelligence in signing up for a 5K if I am going to walk it, so I will probably pass on the Santa Chase next Saturday.

I don't have the pictures from the deer hunt on my computer or I'd load it up. Maybe I'll get that done some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment