Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

622 calories gone before 6 a.m.

I had to drag myself out of bed this a.m. - but since I did not do my prescribed 5 yesterday, I had to do something today. It's still pretty dark at 5:15 a.m. - good think I have a light. I have a bad habit of "being in my head" during my runs. I was all over the place - run 2 miles, no try for 3 - ok 4 - maybe walk some - and so on. I ended up turning around at 1.8 and then threw a "hill repeat" in to get me to 4. In other words, went up the overpass at 2.26, got to the top and back down to learn that was a qtr mile. That mile ended up being my quickest. Sure - 2 downhills - but it was two up hills as well. I am not looking forward to tomorrow's mile repeats. Can I even run an 8:25 mile right now? We'll see.
Today's splits: 9:21, 9:15, 9:04, 10:20 & 50 feet in 9 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment