Search This Blog

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Rediscovering the Long Run

I tried to rediscover the long run with this effort this morning. There really needs to be a button for the between good and alright. I "ran" 3 straight, and then a little more, and then began my walking routine. I did the next 3.5 miles mixing up jogging, striding, sprinting, and well, walking. I did ok, I think, especially considering there was about a 15-20 mph wind going on that was mostly a headwind or crosswind. It actually did blow me across the road a little bit a few times. I do like this route and will probably use it some more. It is quite hilly and should help me improve my strength.

My splits were:
9:54; 9:56; 9:22; 11:33; 12:52; 12:26; 12:02; 5:59 (half mile)

That mile 5 is where I really hit a headwind, and actually again for about half of mile 7 and the first .1 or so of the last half.

Burned over 1000 calories, so that's pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment