Search This Blog

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Sat. Afternoon "Run"

I'm glad I was finally able to get out for another run. It is still icy in spots out here, and just before the end of mile 2 I sure found a slick one. I bet I looked funny if anyone was watching. My left leg kicked and I did a sweep on myself as my leg swung to the right and knocked my right leg out from under me. Somehow, I did not fall - just kicked a little, righted myself and kept going. I bet it looked like some new dance move. Ok, maybe not. In any event - I took it slow - and yes, walked far far too much. I'm ok with that for now as I haven't been running very consistently. I'm just trying to hold on to fitness and build my base.

It was 27 when I started with a 7 mph wind. I almost overdressed. No thermals for this run - and I did work up a good sweat. I did notice when I was done that my belly was cold to the touch - but really - I wasn't not cold during the run. Baseball cap, ear muffs, tech shirt and running jacket with medium gloves. Shorts and running pants on the bottom half. I actually took off the gloves at mile 2.6 when I stopped to tie my shoe. Hands never got cold. It really felt a lot warmer than 27. Felt closer to 50. I guess it is true what they say - add 20 degrees to the temperature and that's what if feels like when you run.

My stats for this "run"

Total Distance 5.06 miles. 51:00. Cal burned = 773. AVG 10:05/Mile. 169 BPM Max 6:12/mile 183 BPM

Splits:

9:33
9:26
10:34
10:00
:41 (306 feet)

I am a little surprised that mile 2 was the fast mile. That is the overpass mile, as was mile 4 in this run. I apparently walked the most in Mile 3.

Will try to do another run in the morning. I like running, just not sure why I have such a hard time getting out and getting it done.

Tonight I am going to the MHS ball game and dropping Jill off to play with her friend Katie. I am not sure she knows that yet. She'll be so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment