Search This Blog

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Training

I have just scheduled my training for the Illinois half-marathon. (only a half because I am only half crazy :D ) I am going to use the "Break 2:00 or bust" plan from Runner's World. I still need to figure out what cross training I will do - which when it gets warmer I will assume will biking, but one never knows. I really should do some Yoga as I hear that helps and of course strength training - but we'll just have to see how things work out. I must admit, it was a little daunting putting it in - possibly because I started at the end and worked backwards.

I'm getting excited about running again, and I hope you are too. I am planning a 7 mile training run in just two weeks. That should be interesting. One thing I know for sure and for certain is I am going to have to run faster. Training plan will begin on my daughter's 7th birthday - 2/21. I will have to do some good base building in Jan and early February and maybe some speed work in mid Feb. If you'd like to join me please let me know. Would love company, especially on the weekend long runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment