Search This Blog

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Winter Wonderland.

Windchill was reported to be 9 degrees. I don't know if that is accurate or not. What I do know is I thoroughly enjoyed this run. It only was cold when running into the headwind as even the cross wind wasn't really bad. When I had the tail wind during the middle of the run I almost was hot. Same layers as the last time I ran in the cold so I think I have figured it out. It was really a slow trot for me - but the east/west roads have ice under the snow so I didn't want to sprint. This was more about building mileage and keeping the legs turning. I tried vaseline on my cheekbones to keep them warm and I really couldn't tell the difference - save for trying to wash it off in the shower later. Beth was upset that I went for a run and asked that I use the dreadmill instead. We'll see. I hate the DM. At least there was a 652 cal. burn. That is good.

I took a few pictures - but - my internet has been so slow today getting them off my phone on to here just would be more torture than I can take right not.

Supposed to be pretty brutal tonight and tomorrow a.m. Not sure if I'll get out in it or not. I'm going to try. It's pretty bad out there now, according to the information I'm getting from the scanner.

No comments:

Post a Comment