Search This Blog

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Finally! A run!

Praise Jesus and thank the Lord! I found time, energy and motivation to get out and get a run in before I talked myself out of it. I had some concerns as I have not run much lately, but I went out with a plan, and pretty much stuck with it. The weather was great - almost no wind and the lone combine in the area was almost done and I got away from him in the first half mile and by the time I got back he was gone.

I went out intending to do a warm up mile, then a little faster 2nd mile and a much faster 3rd with hopes of a fourth and possibly a 5th. I was shocked to see my split in mile 2 matched my split in mile one. Only caveat is the overpass that I traversed. (Which was also in mile 4) I was able to shave off 20 seconds in mile 3. At that point I decided to walk some - and made it a recovery mile of sorts. I did some walking, some jogging and some strides to make it in 10:45. I still wasn't home so of course I continued on for the last. 61 and in that distance when I did my striding I went after it a little more aggressively. That distance was paced at 9:41. Mile 1 and 2 were 9:03 and mile 3 was 8:38.

I am now faced with a dilema. There is a 7.55 mile trail race in Decatur on 10/16 - which is a charity race - and there is a 5K just down the road in Sullivan starting at the same time. I won't win either race - and probably wouldn't place in an AG either. The charity race is for families of fallen soldiers - especially childrens educational needs. I think I prefer that one - but it is a trail race, and a distance I have not trained for. Price is comparable enough to be negligible.

No comments:

Post a Comment