Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Tales of bicycle rides, moonlight, and wildlife.

By the light of the silvery moon...I had a good ride before supper. It was a bit chilly, and I have no explanation for not going faster. I can say, and I will freely admit, that this time, I did not say "oh golly". No, what I said sounded closer to "Oh Schick" (as in Judge Schick") Yep, I'm going just as fast as my little legs will carry me after riding for 7 miles and a full day of work. I've got my head light on (of course) and had just rounded a curve. I looked down, as I often do, at my gears, and the road, and about 2 inches to the left of my left foot I see....

a coon running his ass off parallelling me.

"oh Schick!"

Had he (or she) been 2 inches (or me I guess) closer, my pedal would have knocked him in the head, and I'm sure that wouldn't have been good. He was running pretty fast and it was just "luck" that I ever saw it. I had visions after that of him reaching up and clawing me, getting a toenail stuck in my shoe and him going clump clump clump down the road as I would have tried to shake him off. Not a real pleasant thought.

So...last a skunk somewhere and tonight a coon. Who wants to run or ride with me in the country and get your heart rate pumping?

No comments:

Post a Comment