Search This Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Saturday fun

So yesterday I had thoughts of running four or five miles. I ended up going a little shorter than originally planned. I went just over 3. You see, at mile 1 I looked behind me and Buster (my aging pound puppy) was slowly following. He used to sprint and bound ahead of me. He is 11 or so years old now and I noticed the slowdown about April/May of this year. Even last winter he was ahead of me. I ended up doing a warm up mile, then a normal exertion mile. On the 3rd mile I did some interval type speed work at 90 seconds. Overall fairly happy with the run. After the run I wanted a little more exercise and had a bit of time before getting the kids from the birthday party so I did a quick bike ride. (2 miles) In the evening we lit a fire to roast hotdogs and make smores. I couldn't find enough good wood around here so I bought some. Holy cow, never again will I do that.

It is now noon and Beth hasn't gotten back home yet. I don't know if I will get a run in today or not. I was hoping to do my own mini duathlon for "10/10". If I was in better shape I'd run 10 miles - but I don't have that kind of time! I am hoping to run 2, bike 10 and then run 2. My nutrition hasn't been the best of late so I need to work harder if I am going to get to 190 by Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment