Search This Blog

Monday, October 11, 2010

Why am I having so much trouble running 3 miles these days?

Well, it wasn't 10 miles. Life just didn't pan out right for me to get that done yesterday. It's not like anybody was going to have a parade for me or anything anyway. :_) I was able to run a negative split - but not as negative as I thought and I still can't figure that out. A year ago I could run a sub 25 minute 5K pretty consistently.

I started out and my left hip was hurting and tight. I don't know what is going on there. By the time I hit the half-mile mark I wasn't noticing it anymore. I had been at a 9:30 or so pace before that and still somehow hit a first mile split of 8:27. Not at all sure how I did that. Maybe it was the downhill I have in that second half-mile stretch on my course. I thought I was busting tail but, like I said, the watch said I was at a 9:30 course. I am so bad at judging my pace as the 8:10 pace I ran in the second mile felt like the same speed as the 9:30 pace I ran earlier. I was pretty well winded when it was all done. I wish I was in good enough shape that I could do one more mile at that same pace or faster. Just have to keep turning them over. Hopefully things will improve soon. I stepped on the scale this morning and I got pretty darn depressed. Maybe its just a heavy day. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment