Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Finally! A run!


When I strapped on my shoes, my original intention was a 4 mile run. A couple of delays, including my daughter telling me she wanted to go along and we had a change of plans.

Even though it was about 60, I felt cold - especially in my hands. There was a strong wind - but I am not smart enough to know to what effect it had on my performance. I just knew I needed to get moving. Some athletes have "rest days". I apparently had a "rest week".

I ended up running 2 miles relatively hard, which meant I had nothing in the tank for the 3rd mile. Lack of training is really showing. Splits were 8:32 and 8:37. In the 3rd mile, I walked and then I ran hard. I don't know if you call them sprints, strides, or fartleks. The more I read, the less I seem to know the answer to that question. I primarily went from pole to pole as my sprint distance, except near the end when I cut the walking. Buster went with me again, and since it was as dark as it was, I don't know when or where he cut the course, but he blazed past me in the last 100 yards to kick my tail. My lungs seemed scorched afterwards for a couple of hours. I had no hip or other pain, but my legs felt heavy at the end of mile 2.

After the drive to work this morning, my hip was stiff and sore. It seems to have worked itself out now though.

I hope to run 4 tonight. Always hinges on supper, the kids, and just how darn tired I am.

Oh, I threw the picture in as an experiment. I haven't added pictures before, but would like to do more of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment