Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

3.27 in 28:38

This was the best run I have had all year. (Not that there have been that many of them). My legs felt a little heavy at the start of mile 2 but I pushed through. I think this is the first time I've had negative splits for an entire run that was more than 2 miles - without intentionally sandbagging so I could do negatives. Lately my times have been pretty slow - so - having my slow mile be 9:00 was pretty cool. My splits were 9:00, 8:50, 8:32 and then 2:14 in a .27 distance (an 8:13 pace). [so much for a 'cool down']. I don't know if it was the warmer temps, the lack of a strong wind, or something I'm not thinking about - but I hope to do nothing but better as the days tick by. I am also surprised over how easy this run felt overall. The 513 calorie burn wasn't bad either. Nice weather predicted tomorrow, but will I do a run or a bike? Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment