Search This Blog

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Speedwork on the treadmill.

I really dislike the treadmill. Maybe it's because the one I use is rather generic. I will freely admit, it actually seemed harder than running on the road, like I was pushing the belt and it was harder than pushing the ground. In any event, the 'mill I use does not calculate distance. I tried to use the cardio app on my droid, but, then again, that is just a guess without a pedometer. I did monitor my heart rate, taking the average for my workout and using a formula I come up with 351 cal. burned. Since I normally burn 150-155 cal per mile, it's a reasonable estimate to say I ran two miles. (cardio trainer said 1.5 miles). I did a 5 minute warm up jog, then speed work. 4 sets fo 30 second sprints with 30 second recovery, followed by 2 45 second sprints and 30 seconds recovery and finally a 1 minute sprint. I think cooled down, but for fun threw in two more 30 second sprints. After that, I did 5 chin ups, 20 mason twists, rest, 25 mason twists and then 5 more chinups, just for some cross training. Of course, I did some foam rolling before the treadmill workout. I plan to run outside tomorrow. The roads should be a little clearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment