Search This Blog

Friday, February 11, 2011

a chilly run

It was a chilly run - but a good one. I thought with it being in the 20's it would be pretty good - but the wind was a killer! (20 mph) My ears and face got pretty cold. The road is still ice and snow covered. It is melting which made it really really slick in parts. My first slip was 200 feet in to the run - it was not my last. I never did fall though. I did a slow warm up mile, tried for a faster 2nd and a fastes 3rd. My cool down mile really lowered my overall pace. I am happy with that 3rd mile - shows me I still had something in the tank - especially since mile 3 has an overpass in it. Total calorie burn of 636 calories is nice, but was hoping for more. Hoof Gang run tomorrow. Hope to do better then.

No comments:

Post a Comment