Search This Blog

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Getting stronger every day

This was a pretty awesome run. I did get a stabbing kind of pain at the 1.24 mark and it was in my right hip where I've had some issues before. It went away and I kept going. I feel like I am getting stronger in these runs as I actually did the whole run without walking - and really, I wasn't going all that "slow" (I'm slow, don't get me wrong - but this was a decent pace) My brother called me at 1.86 miles in and I had someone to chat with while I ran. Of course, he wasn't nearly as out of breath as I was. We chatted for probably 15-20 minutes. This run is a nice lead to the official half training that starts on Monday. (or tomorrow with a rest day, if you want to count that)
Splits: 10:01, 9:22, 9:42, 9:33, 8:44 and 1:50 in the last qtr. overall pace was 9:26/mile. Calorie burn was most excellent at 825.
The second mile was all tailwind, and the 4th mile was almost all headwind.
After getting back from the run, Jill wanted to go for a bike ride. While not a real work out - we did go 1.86 miles in 20 minutes or so and added another 76 cal. burn to the day. I am real happy with this workout today. Hope to have a good one tomorrow too.

No comments:

Post a Comment